Official National Environmental Education Week (EE Week) Green Teacher Subscription Drawing Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. National Environmental Education Week Registration is open to all legal United States residents involved in K-12 education, 18 years of age and older and who have a valid e-mail account. Such programs may include, but are not limited to, public and independent schools and home schooling associations. Employees of NEEF, Green Teacher and Lutzker & Lutzker, and each of their respective affiliated companies or agents and the immediate family members of, and any person domiciled with such employees, are not eligible. NEEF is not responsible for transmission failures or errors in any promotional graphics or advertisements. Winners must be in compliance with all contest rules.
2. Method of Entry. The Drawing begins at 9:00 AM ET, starting December 1, 2011 and ending April 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM ET. All eligible EE Week 2012 registrations must be received via online registration form at www.eeweek.org no later than the last day of each month at 5:00 PM ET to be eligible in that month and subsequent months dating back to May 1, 2011. The first drawing will occur on December 1, 2011 for eligible registrations received on and after May 1, 2011. Registration forms collect information about your EE Week event, including name of school or organization, school or organization website, registrant's first name, registrant's last name, registrant's title or position at organization, registrant's organization address, registrant's phone number, registrant's email, type of organization, description of registrant's EE Week 2012 activities, STEM interests and incorporation, general participant information and how registrant heard about National EE Week.
3. Selection of the winner. NEEF will randomly draw two winners on the first day of each month from the eligible EE Week 2012 registrations received for the previous months beginning on December 1, 2011. Once selected, winners are not eligible for future drawings. The decisions of NEEF in all matters related to the selection of the winners and all matters relating to this contest are final.
4. Prize. The winners will receive a one-year digital subscription to Green Teacher magazine, valued at $26. Two prizes a month will be given out for a total of ten (10) prizes over the course of the contest time period.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. The winners will be notified via email on the day of the drawing. There shall be no prize substitution and the prize is non-transferable. The drawing winners will be solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes, if applicable, as well as all other costs, if any, associated with claiming the prize. The winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity releases, as applicable (except where prohibited by law) which must be received by NEEF within (7) days of notification of the winning registration. Failure to sign and return the affidavit and release within seven (7) days after notification, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of NEEF, result in the winners' disqualification, the forfeiture of the interest in the prize and the award of the prize to alternate winners.
7. Limitations of Liability. By entering the drawing, participants agree that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the drawing, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to drawing out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the drawing, but in no event attorney's fees and under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses.
8. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and NEEF, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
9. General Release. By entering this drawing, all participants agree to release NEEF, the prize provider, and their affiliated companies and agents from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each participant's participation in the drawing (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light) and/or his/her/their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this drawing including any injury or harm resulting from the use of the prize or any activity related thereto. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, outside of the manufacturer's limited warranty.
10. Sponsor. The National Environmental Education Week drawing is sponsored by the National Environmental Education and Training Foundation doing business as NEEF, whose decisions regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the drawing shall be final and binding in all respects. NEEF will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Drawing Rules or in other materials related to the drawing. If you have any questions regarding this drawing, please contact email@example.com