EE Week's Multi-Year Focus on Greening STEM
Solutions to 21st century environmental challenges often result from STEM knowledge and skills. Hands-on environmental education projects enrich STEM learning and offer an exciting opportunity to engage more students in STEM. The possibilities are endless – from calculating school water usage to observing, documenting & protecting wildlife populations in the schoolyard.
Recognizing the role of the environment as a portal for STEM learning, EE Week's multi-year focus is Greening STEM.
Greening STEM resources:
Greening STEM: Taking Technology Outdoors
In 2013, EE Week celebrated Greening STEM: Taking Technology Outdoors. We explored how technology can enhance environmental learning both inside and outside the classroom.
As part of Taking Technology Outdoors, EE Week highlighted the growing opportunity to engage today's students in learning about the environment with new technologies that enable scientific research and develop 21st century skills, including creativity, innovation, communication and collaboration.
Taking Technology Outdoors resources:
Mark your calendars for EE Week 2014 -- April 13-19!
When you register for EE Week, you will join a national network of educators dedicated to increasing the environmental knowledge of K-12 students. You will also receive:
- Certificates of Participation for both you and your students;
- Monthly e-mail newsletters with classroom activities, funding resources and professional development opportunities;
- Access to an online library of environmental curricula, resources and classroom tools;
- Opportunities to promote your school or organization's programs and projects to a national audience of environmental educators;
- Access to our series of webinars designed especially for K-12 educators to facilitate teaching and learning about the environment;
- Discounts, giveaways and special offers from our partners. Register for details.
Already registered? Please remember that we ask you to register again each year you wish to participate in EE Week, as it helps us document the growing interest in environmental education. We also want to learn about your plans so that we can help share your story on a national stage.
After you've registered, you'll soon also have access to our promotional toolkit to download flyers, a press release template, web badges and more to help spread the word about your EE Week events and activities.